Page 2 of 2
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:06 am
by liquid
ajcampen wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:16 am
Michigan colors would get me killed in Columbus.....Quick story about the boat....asked dealer why guy was selling and he said sad story . I expected it to be that he had passed away and family was selling but it was much sader for people who love boating.guy retiring from navy buys boat with tons of options. Only for some reason he doesn't retire and boat just sits as he is out at sea for 9 months at a time. Guess he is pissed to pay on a boat that just sits in his yard. I feel for him and will take great care of her.
That's too bad. Good for you though!
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:12 am
by AsLan7
Aj,
Do you boat on lake or Chautauqua? Or are you on Buckeye lake near Columbus?
I see your sig has Chautauqua. We just saw the Bee Gees cover band at Beamus point which sits on Lake Chautauqua. Want to take our Cobalt up there next year. Love it there! Like a slice of Norman Rockwell.
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:17 am
by liquid
Pretty cool set up. Anchor/tunes.
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:06 pm
by ajcampen
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:12 am
Aj,
Do you boat on lake or Chautauqua? Or are you on Buckeye lake near Columbus?
I see your sig has Chautauqua. We just saw the Bee Gees cover band at Beamus point which sits on Lake Chautauqua. Want to take our Cobalt up there next year. Love it there! Like a slice of Norman Rockwell.
Love lake chq. I was in bemus bay watching the show on July 7th this year. Wish I got up more often. My folks have a place in Chautauqua institution. Tuscany yourself and I have to do a small regatta in the near future. I think the site founder (john aka "The Godfather") is from Rochester so we really could get a good group together. I do most of my boating in Columbus at alum creek but I try to get out of town in the summer often. Was in Norris lake twice this summer and at table rock lake for a week too.
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:36 pm
by AsLan7
"Tuscany yourself and I have to do a small regatta in the near future. I think the site founder (john aka "The Godfather") is from Rochester so we really could get a good group together. "
Now you're talkin!
When this 263 is ready to go, let's plan on this.
With how slow things are moving for me getting this boat, it may have to wait until next year. I'll hope for the best though.
Cobalt owners unite!
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:49 pm
by ajcampen
Before school starts get out there with one of your kids and drive it back. U could boat this weekend
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:52 pm
by Big Block Power

I love the forward tower.
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:06 pm
by AsLan7
ajcampen wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:49 pm
Before school starts get out there with one of your kids and drive it back. U could boat this weekend
Trust me Aj, I have thought about that. Unfortunately, too much going on in August in the military. Can't everyone just get a long in this world!
In any event, we are planning on having it to us by mid August. Let's see how things pan out.
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:10 pm
by liquid
I'm in Rochester, John is in Minny
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:06 pm
by Driller
jhnmdahl wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:43 pm
Something about that yellow stripe just screams "classic Cobalt" to me. Sharp boat!
I agree. Mine doesn't have the accent stripe and I covet that look.

Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:19 pm
by ajcampen
liquid wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:17 am
Pretty cool set up. Anchor/tunes.
You r close enough to try it out. Ever been to chq?
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:36 pm
by liquid
No. I was just checking out Tuscany's route up the Niagara river. That's about an hour 45 from me. We should all dump in and cruise.
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:21 pm
by ajcampen
liquid wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:36 pm
No. I was just checking out Tuscany's route up the Niagara river. That's about an hour 45 from me. We should all dump in and cruise.
I'm in. Labor Day? Family friendly. We have a 5 and 4 year old. Pet friendly? My wife would want to bring me
Re: Hello from Columbus, OH
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 am
by liquid
ajcampen wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:21 pm
liquid wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:36 pm
No. I was just checking out Tuscany's route up the Niagara river. That's about an hour 45 from me. We should all dump in and cruise.
I'm in. Labor Day? Family friendly. We have a 5 and 4 year old. Pet friendly? My wife would want to bring me
5 and 4? right in my wheelhouse my friend. I'll just be getting back from Florida on Labor Day... taking the animals on their first plane ride so that won't work. Let me talk to the wife.