Page 2 of 4
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:23 pm
by Big Block Power
Matt did that have 8.1 gi or gxi?
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:32 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:23 pm
Matt did that have 8.1 gi or gxi?
First page of thread shows twin 380HP GI's.
Gotta love 760HP...Nice Matt!
I'm curious about the Sunsation. I see the merc drives....twin or trips?
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:56 pm
by cmattj
Ytmsn wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:37 pm
Wow that is a beautiful boat! Welcome from Oklahoma!
Thanks Ytmsn.!
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:02 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:23 pm
Matt did that have 8.1 gi or gxi?
Yes 8.1 GI.. . Love the 420hp GXI sound.. Just so hard to order a used boat!!
It runs F9 props so the speed is good
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:13 pm
by cmattj
AsLan7 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:32 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:23 pm
Matt did that have 8.1 gi or gxi?
I'm curious about the Sunsation. I see the merc drives....twin or trips?
Twin 496HO . Bravo x Drives spinning 30p 4 blade Props 83 mph.. Serious steps on the 2007 air it out pretty well so it was very efficient.
Fun Boat though.... but you did lack the hanging out factor and hard to get her down below 35 mph without falling off plane..
I think my 282 may weigh the same or slightly heavier as the hoist sits a little lower. We are off to our local restaurant now and sterning in is better with the Cobalt.
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:19 pm
by AsLan7
83! Wow...that is fast for it's size.
Thanx Matt. Very cool. And yes you're right...Cobalt is a perfect combination of power, practicality, performance, and price.
Enjoy!

Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:45 am
by liquid
That thing is gorgeous. What does she run at WOT?
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:08 am
by cmattj
liquid wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:45 am
That thing is gorgeous. What does she run at WOT?
We have had it 67mph (with just my Wife and I).
I don't like to leave things WOT for too long, just little bursts. I still have to play with trim settings.
F9 props make the fast cruise speed 3500 rpm at 52 mph which I like, but it will also plane down at 20mph (ish) for pulling tubes for the kids.
Love to see 70 but I'm not sure the duo props are efficient at that speed so Ill have to play around some more. (maybe with just me... 2 gallons of gas... and remove everything that isn't bolted down...HAHA)
It seems to hit a wall as its pulling hard so that may be all shes got.
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:56 am
by AsLan7
cmattj wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:08 am
liquid wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:45 am
That thing is gorgeous. What does she run at WOT?
We have had it 67mph (with just my Wife and I).
I don't like to leave things WOT for too long, just little bursts. I still have to play with trim settings.
F9 props make the fast cruise speed 3500 rpm at 52 mph which I like, but it will also plane down at 20mph (ish) for pulling tubes for the kids.
Love to see 70 but I'm not sure the duo props are efficient at that speed so Ill have to play around some more. (maybe with just me... 2 gallons of gas... and remove everything that isn't bolted down...HAHA)
It seems to hit a wall as its pulling hard so that may be all shes got.
70!
Wow Matt.
What pitch props are you currently spinning?
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:12 am
by cmattj
Almost.. almost. (Current and tail wind and gut the interior Maybe Ha!) .. 70 is my unicorn..
The F9 I was told is equal to 28P ish?? im not sure the conversion as Im new to Volvo.
I remember BBP saying he feels a wall and I feel that too. Its just stops??
But im very happy so far .. I like the DP bite taking off and the cruise speed feels locked in with no slippage sensation i had with single 4blade bravos.
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:39 am
by ajcampen
I found some pics of cmattj going 68 mph on a poker run!

Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 am
by Big Block Power
ajcampen wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:39 am
I found some pics of cmattj going 68 mph on a poker run!
Lmao
That video is so Bad!!!
Some guys on the crownline forum saw him last year with the same boat yet on LOTO.
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:53 am
by cmattj
your killin me smalls.....
I had it under control until my dash "go pro" low battery light came on.. very distracting.. HAHA
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:57 am
by AsLan7
I remember when that video came out and I watched it for the first time.
That driver is so negligent it's sickening
Re: First Cobalt.. 282
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:31 pm
by ajcampen
It was on a poker run...he apparently was a pro driver