2. Doubt the weld would break but I justed used grade 8 bolts and didn't weld.
3. Hydrastar - has worked awesome for me. They have a marine version that so that sold me.
04 Prestige trailer surge brakes -- Help
-
Southerncomfort
- Commander

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 pm
- Location: Franklin, TN
- Contact:
Re: 04 Prestige trailer surge brakes -- Help
Can’t you just un bolt the jack and turn the entire jack a quarter turn? The handle would be at a slight angle because it looks like a triangle base but it shouldn’t be in the way of your EOH actuator. I also doubt that that weld would break, it looks like a really good weld.
Re: 04 Prestige trailer surge brakes -- Help
If you are going to take up space between the current location of the jack and the bow stop, maybe you should just weld in a plate where you are proposing to move the jack and spray paint it black to hold the box and just leave the jack located as is?
As to adding bolts addition to the couple weld to the tongue, that is probably a good idea, but can I suggest if you don't have 100% confidence in the welding job, you might have it checked before you load a boat on? I have no idea whether you have a welding "ticket" and have this welded as good as factory (I don't mean to insult), but you'd hate to have this piece "let go" while you are towing as you can lose a lot more than just the boat in an accident. Just my $0.02
As to adding bolts addition to the couple weld to the tongue, that is probably a good idea, but can I suggest if you don't have 100% confidence in the welding job, you might have it checked before you load a boat on? I have no idea whether you have a welding "ticket" and have this welded as good as factory (I don't mean to insult), but you'd hate to have this piece "let go" while you are towing as you can lose a lot more than just the boat in an accident. Just my $0.02
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
Re: 04 Prestige trailer surge brakes -- Help
Have all the parts now to finish this process. Looking forward to seeing how it tows with functioning brakes now if I can get time away from work to get it finished.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2004 262 w/8.1 GXi
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 91 guests

