Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
we can't be friends.
My thoughts exactly!
JEFF & KATIE TeamNAUTI Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold 1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks
Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
JEFF & KATIE TeamNAUTI Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold 1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks
Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks
Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
Geeze.. just watched this video.. I guess I need to get out more. Pay attention to what other automakers are doing.
12 minutes but interesting.
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
Geeze.. just watched this video.. I guess I need to get out more. Pay attention to what other automakers are doing.
12 minutes but interesting.
.
Great vid matt. Who knew?
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks
Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
I know - in some ways sad times we live in. Then again we also live in an era where 4cyl 2.3L engines are producing 300+hp from the factory. They may not sound like the engines of old but you can't argue with their performance.
Wait until everything goes electric and we drive around in total silence.
JEFF & KATIE TeamNAUTI Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold 1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
I know - in some ways sad times we live in. Then again we also live in an era where 4cyl 2.3L engines are producing 300+hp from the factory. They may not sound like the engines of old but you can't argue with their performance.
Wait until everything goes electric and we drive around in total silence.
We were watching TV the other day about this and there are certain laws on electric vehicles on having them make a certain amount of noise at certain speeds.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Yeh, people stepping out in front of cars they canโt hear. Wouldnโt it be strange if Tesla was required to install a big block sounding engine speaker? Like phone tones, you could pick what car you wanted to sound like each day
Dub
2017 220S (280 HP Volvo duoprop)
Live in Shepherdsville, KY
Boat at Laurel Lake (London, KY)