Page 2 of 3

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:29 pm
by NautiGirl
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:18 pm Very sweet. I can't wait to hear it in person.
Why, your setup is going to be louder...until the 3 amps kill the battery in the boat lolol

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:39 pm
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:29 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:18 pm Very sweet. I can't wait to hear it in person.
Why, your setup is going to be louder...until the 3 amps kill the battery in the boat lolol
I have 2 and a jump pack 😂😂😂😂

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:43 pm
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:20 pm I don't want to make this a big spam advertisement post, but credit where credit is due. As you guys know we have been shopping for some speaker upgrades for the boat. It's been a slow day at work so I was on the lookout for Black Friday deals, but really didn't see anything good on the JL stuff we were looking for.

Getting desperate to spend money, I started an online chat /w CreativeAudio.Net. Talked /w James who is their customer service manager, super helpful guy. He asked what I was looking for, and then searched for any upcoming promotions, but couldn't' find any. Instead of losing a sale he said he would work up a custom quote - and ended up knocking 25% off the list price of the speakers we were looking for. I know there is a ton of markup on this stuff, but 25% off, free shipping, and no tax is pretty solid.

They have been super easy to work with, ship fast, and are an authorized wet sounds and JL audio dealer. Much better pricing than Crutchfield as well. Guess it proves it doesn't hurt to ask for a deal huh?
Well Jeff just likes me to keep spending money. I get a text on my lunch hour that goes hey did you spend more money on another amp yet. Lol
I actually thanked him in reminding me I had to call James. So as you know a few weeks ago I bought my sub and amp. Well they went on sale yesterday and today. $150.00 less between both. So I called and James gave me that amount off towards Another Htx6 amp. So now I'm down to 2 Amps which I wanted to be at and what Tgrace said as well. Both class D amps. Hopefully it can push the speakers.
Hats off to James!!!!

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:09 am
by NautiGirl
MRS. BBP is not sending James a Christmas card after all of this.

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:27 am
by NautiGirl
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:43 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:20 pm I don't want to make this a big spam advertisement post, but credit where credit is due. As you guys know we have been shopping for some speaker upgrades for the boat. It's been a slow day at work so I was on the lookout for Black Friday deals, but really didn't see anything good on the JL stuff we were looking for.

Getting desperate to spend money, I started an online chat /w CreativeAudio.Net. Talked /w James who is their customer service manager, super helpful guy. He asked what I was looking for, and then searched for any upcoming promotions, but couldn't' find any. Instead of losing a sale he said he would work up a custom quote - and ended up knocking 25% off the list price of the speakers we were looking for. I know there is a ton of markup on this stuff, but 25% off, free shipping, and no tax is pretty solid.

They have been super easy to work with, ship fast, and are an authorized wet sounds and JL audio dealer. Much better pricing than Crutchfield as well. Guess it proves it doesn't hurt to ask for a deal huh?
Well Jeff just likes me to keep spending money. I get a text on my lunch hour that goes hey did you spend more money on another amp yet. Lol
I actually thanked him in reminding me I had to call James. So as you know a few weeks ago I bought my sub and amp. Well they went on sale yesterday and today. $150.00 less between both. So I called and James gave me that amount off towards Another Htx6 amp. So now I'm down to 2 Amps which I wanted to be at and what Tgrace said as well. Both class D amps. Hopefully it can push the speakers.
Hats off to James!!!!

Hey now - I saved you money by pointing out that creative was having a huge wetsounds sale - YOU are the one that chose to spend that money on additional audio gear.... :D

Your math makes more sense now - I didnt realize you were applying the rebate from your earlier purchase to the new amp. That is going to be an awesome setup - Let's get in the boat and run some wire!

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:00 am
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:09 am MRS. BBP is not sending James a Christmas card after all of this.
No and I don't think Mr. Nauti is getting one either. Lol

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:05 am
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:27 am
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:43 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:20 pm I don't want to make this a big spam advertisement post, but credit where credit is due. As you guys know we have been shopping for some speaker upgrades for the boat. It's been a slow day at work so I was on the lookout for Black Friday deals, but really didn't see anything good on the JL stuff we were looking for.

Getting desperate to spend money, I started an online chat /w CreativeAudio.Net. Talked /w James who is their customer service manager, super helpful guy. He asked what I was looking for, and then searched for any upcoming promotions, but couldn't' find any. Instead of losing a sale he said he would work up a custom quote - and ended up knocking 25% off the list price of the speakers we were looking for. I know there is a ton of markup on this stuff, but 25% off, free shipping, and no tax is pretty solid.

They have been super easy to work with, ship fast, and are an authorized wet sounds and JL audio dealer. Much better pricing than Crutchfield as well. Guess it proves it doesn't hurt to ask for a deal huh?
Well Jeff just likes me to keep spending money. I get a text on my lunch hour that goes hey did you spend more money on another amp yet. Lol
I actually thanked him in reminding me I had to call James. So as you know a few weeks ago I bought my sub and amp. Well they went on sale yesterday and today. $150.00 less between both. So I called and James gave me that amount off towards Another Htx6 amp. So now I'm down to 2 Amps which I wanted to be at and what Tgrace said as well. Both class D amps. Hopefully it can push the speakers.
Hats off to James!!!!

Hey now - I saved you money by pointing out that creative was having a huge wetsounds sale - YOU are the one that chose to spend that money on additional audio gear.... :D

Your math makes more sense now - I didnt realize you were applying the rebate from your earlier purchase to the new amp. That is going to be an awesome setup - Let's get in the boat and run some wire!
It's in the 40s in my garage. No wires getting ran and no holes getting cut yet. Soon.
Yes that's where my math was coming from. Really very little out of pocket expense. Love free Amazon cards.

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:46 pm
by slideruleracer
I bought all my wetsounds stuff from Creative for a killer deal. Highly recommended!

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:52 pm
by Big Block Power
Yea they didn't have the JL stuff on sale this holiday.
I'm happy. I saved a bunch of cash. Like Jeff said it pays to call and talk to someone as they might just give you a smoking deal that isn't advertised.

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:20 pm
by NautiGirl
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:52 pm Yea they didn't have the JL stuff on sale this holiday.
I'm happy. I saved a bunch of cash. Like Jeff said it pays to call and talk to someone as they might just give you a smoking deal that isn't advertised.
Creative Audio has a location in Pittsburgh, KS which is about 45min from Cobalt. We should stop and say hi to James while we are so close.

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:27 pm
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:20 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:52 pm Yea they didn't have the JL stuff on sale this holiday.
I'm happy. I saved a bunch of cash. Like Jeff said it pays to call and talk to someone as they might just give you a smoking deal that isn't advertised.
Creative Audio has a location in Pittsburgh, KS which is about 45min from Cobalt. We should stop and say hi to James while we are so close.
I think James was in Springfield MO.

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:57 pm
by jhnmdahl
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:04 pm Got a visit from the UPS Man today - the Boat is having an excellent Holiday Season.

Stereo Upgrade 2019 is happening.

20181121_134249.jpg
Nauti,

Looks like some power cable and a crimper too - did he help you come up with a materials list, or did you already piece something together?

John

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:06 pm
by Big Block Power
jhnmdahl wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:57 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:04 pm Got a visit from the UPS Man today - the Boat is having an excellent Holiday Season.

Stereo Upgrade 2019 is happening.

20181121_134249.jpg
Nauti,

Looks like some power cable and a crimper too - did he help you come up with a materials list, or did you already piece something together?

John
Ups man made it to my porch again today without the wife catching him. Yea!!! 2nd Htx6 amp showed up today.
I ordered battery cable crimper and a ferrules and crimper also.
John
Jeff is a bad influence as we talk every night about what we are going to do next. Lol it's been fun to say the least. Lol

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:13 pm
by NautiGirl
jhnmdahl wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:57 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:04 pm Got a visit from the UPS Man today - the Boat is having an excellent Holiday Season.

Stereo Upgrade 2019 is happening.

20181121_134249.jpg
Nauti,

Looks like some power cable and a crimper too - did he help you come up with a materials list, or did you already piece something together?

John
I am sure Creative would be happy to put together a materials list and speaker package - but I decided to spec everything out myself. It was a nice throwback to the late 90's when I was bagging groceries and saving up money to put a giant system in my Honda Accord. Never happened, back then I was responsible and saved money for college, now? Not so much.

Really it't not rocket science. Couple gotcha's that can get you in trouble, but nothing too crazy. I never had the guts to rip the interior of the car apart to run speaker power and signal wires. Boat is wide open on the inside so it should be much much easier. Course I say that now...

Re: CreativeAudio.Net

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:15 pm
by jhnmdahl
Nauti, what crimper did you get - are those Irwin colors? I've been looking at Ancor stuff to put a digital amp in my boat (but it's not cheap), and maybe some JL speakers as well this spring. Thanks again,

John