Page 2 of 3

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:21 pm
by Bobo87
Another Texas Howdy! Nice find. She looks like she has a nice shine. The outside already. With a little love and elbow grease she’ll be practically brand new. Then you’ll be ready for some upgrades like LED lights and stereo. Everyone here is always happy to help deck out your new baby! 😂

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:10 am
by ajcampen
Wow.....thats a good lookin boat. Well done sir

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:18 am
by Big Block Power
Looks great.

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:24 am
by AsLan7
KP01 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:53 pm B492CD60-495D-4F87-AB47-A99567A2DDE4.jpegGot her back from the wet sand and buff. Exterior pic attached
Lookin' sharp KP01! She cleans up reaaaalllllll nice. 8-)

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:22 am
by Table Rockin
Amazing how well these boats clean up! Very nice

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:26 am
by KP01
Thanks guys! I'm really happy with the boat. Besides the need for cleanup and some upholstery repair, there are a few (seemingly common)issues that I will be sorting out between lake trips:
-She takes on more than a gallon of water in a 12 hour lake trip (supposedly new bellows and bearings)
-I have concerns about the bilge pump working (kinda makes the first one even more exciting, huh?)
-Tachometer does not work
-Horn does not work

I know this isn't the correct thread for those discussions and I am sure there is already a thread started on each of these topics (i've read several already). If there isn't a definitive thread on one of these topics, i'll start one and bring you guys along with me as I bust my knuckles.

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:31 am
by KP01
Almost forgot, Northwest Arkansas Collision Center did the wet sand and buff out for me. They were extremely reasonable, friendly, and easy to work with. I don't know that they are looking to get into the boat buffing business, but I wanted to at least give credit where it was due.

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:59 am
by Ytmsn
KPO1 we most definitely want to come along with you on your journey to getting her in top shape! Go into older boats and start a thread .

It will also be a handy resource for you to go to later on when folks offer suggestions, compare notes and talk about what you've done.

Glad to have you on onboard! Next year we'll do another CC Regatta at Table Rock Lake so maybe you can trailer over and join us.

Also, I own the same model and year, so if I can ever help with anything just let me know.

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:40 am
by KP01
I will be working on her today. Hopefully will take some pics and start a thread regarding whatever headache I end up playing with.

Ytmsn, do black-striped boats matter too?

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:49 am
by Ytmsn
Absofreakinlutley!!

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:45 pm
by MikeBo
Welcome from Tablerock lake...congratulations on selecting the best color combo ever!

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:30 am
by Southernboatman
Welcome KP01 from LA (lower AL)! As long as all shades and stripes of blue count as blue we’ll put black stripe in the Black subcategory and count it black! BBM! Congratulations and keep is abreast on everything! No a gallon a day is too much. Will want to figure that out if tou haven’t already . Check that plug. Saw other bilge pump posts.

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:57 pm
by KP01
i think i may have a leaking manifold riser gasket :shock:. There are (old-looking) trickle marks going down the manifold. Need to fix this ASAP if it is a current leak. I'll write it up when I do it, so you guys can play along from home!

Plug is solid, I keep checking hoses-haven't seen an issue with them. The hole in the transom where the port side capt. call exhaust exists looks suspicious as well. Could be that just need to be sealed up. Experience has taught me it will be whatever is most expensive and aggravating to repair.

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:00 pm
by KP01
MikeBo wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:45 pm Welcome from Tablerock lake...congratulations on selecting the best color combo ever!
Thanks! I do like the white with BLACK stripes. I hear that the black stripes are good for an extra 5 mph over the boats with blue ones!! :lol:

Re: New member in NW Arkansas

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:29 pm
by MikeBo
KP01 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:00 pm
MikeBo wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:45 pm Welcome from Tablerock lake...congratulations on selecting the best color combo ever!
Thanks! I do like the white with BLACK stripes. I hear that the black stripes are good for an extra 5 mph over the boats with blue ones!! :lol:
Ha...I thought that stripe was blue, easy to have changed! :D Lets test it out, pull that bad boy just across the border and let’s test it out :shock: