Newbie

Islander208
Commander
Commander
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:40 pm
Location: San Antonio
Contact:

Re: Newbie

Post by Islander208 »

cmattj wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:32 pm
skno wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:08 pm I went to get my registration the original bill of sale from pistakee marina in IL said 300 hp. :? a little confused on that.
310hp was base 7.4

The Mag version was 330hp and if a early efi mag maybe 365. BB would be able to verify.

Those are Bullett proof and a great Combo. Bravo drive then not Alpha
My '97 Baja had a 454 w/carburetor and was 300hp. The 7.4L w/310hp was EFI if I remember correctly.
2004 220
6.2 MPI B3
Yellow/Blk/Wht
San Antonio; Medina/Canyon Lakes
JTinMO
Captain
Captain
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 8:30 am
Location: Kansas City, MO
Contact:

Re: Newbie

Post by JTinMO »

skno wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:08 pm
JTinMO wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:37 am welcome from Kansas City.

Good luck on the buffing. Thats next on my list to acquire. Luckily my boat is in great shape. I own lots of random orbital polishers and the gel coat almost laughed at those. Had to hit it with the most aggressive compound I own to get it clean and perfect. Would have been much easier with a forced rotation polisher.
What compound was that?
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:45 am Depending how bad it is hit it with 1000 or 2000 grit wet sandpaper first. Cobalt gel comes back to life really easy. Then start buffing it.
Great to know! :)
cmattj wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:27 pm Welcome from California , big blocks in a 220 is a great combo. Let’s see some pics of that Red 220? Even if it’s off red. Post em up!!
not red lol :lol:

Thank You all
new engine cover shocks going on it tomorrow. Going to be a mini restoration, ill get the pics this weekend! I am anxious to get a better look at the engine shroud. I thought is said 454 on the top of it, but when I went to get my registration the original bill of sale from pistakee marina in IL said 300 hp. :? a little confused on that.
I'm a big fan of all-in-one products for cars, so I tried the HD Speed and Rupes UHS. They did nothing on the gel coat. They polished great, but didn't remove any fender rash marks or similar. Next tried the next class of compounds, the Meguire's Ultimate Compound and Chemical Guys V36. Didn't really do anything either. Finally dug deep in the cabinet and had a bottle of Meguire's #83 from about a decade ago. Put that on a Rupes blue foam pad and went to work. Most spots cleaned up in one pass with the #83, but stubborn ones took 2 or 3 applications to work them out. I still went back over everything with the Rupes UHS for polish. Then sealant.

I think with the buffer they would be gone in one pass. I don't think the product makes much of a difference as much as the forced rotation does.
2010 Cobalt 232 8.1Gi
skno
Commander
Commander
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Newbie

Post by skno »

Thx for the info.
skno
Commander
Commander
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Newbie

Post by skno »

Thanks all I confirmed the stamp on the breather cover says 454. So all smiles there! I got my lift ready to go with cable covers and a bumper for the front keel. Thousand grit in the truck going to do a test spot on the oxidation today!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests