Page 2 of 2

Re: New member from Akron, Ohio

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:12 pm
by Sublimecat
Thx all, as far as you helping me spend all my money I’m already under contract for that. You all have stiff competition in that area. Keep the ideas coming though!

Re: New member from Akron, Ohio

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:46 pm
by Ytmsn
Ha! The only thing we love more than spending your money is competition!

Seriously, theres lots of good info and insight here. Glad you joined us

Re: New member from Akron, Ohio

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:44 pm
by Big Block Power
Switch out all hav lights and interior lights to led. Get some marine dek going. Add a swim platform.
Your going to need a new trailer that will actually keep your boat on the ground level.

Re: New member from Akron, Ohio

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:49 pm
by Southernboatman
Seems the polishing might be coming along but if you need something like this it does a good job.
YT was dead on...ss cupholders will look muy better with your interior color. LEDs also a good change suggested.
Might I mention fender clips for when you want to start drilling holes in your boat. They are very handy if you dock often.
A favorite and fun add is underwater lights while you’re drilling (safety first...if you night boat it’s a real safety feature).

Re: New member from Akron, Ohio

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:51 pm
by Big Block Power
Southernboatman wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:49 pm Seems the polishing might be coming along but if you need something like this it does a good job.
YT was dead on...ss cupholders will look muy better with your interior color. LEDs also a good change suggested.
Might I mention fender clips for when you want to start drilling holes in your boat. They are very handy if you dock often.
A favorite and fun add is underwater lights while you’re drilling (safety first...if you night boat it’s a real safety feature).
I just bought the same polisher. I haven't used it yet.

Re: New member from Akron, Ohio

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:23 am
by Ytmsn
Thise dual action polishers are the bomb. Swirl killers!

Re: New member from Akron, Ohio

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:35 pm
by Southernboatman
One of the first things I picked up after getting “the dark one.”

Re: New member from Akron, Ohio

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:37 pm
by Southernboatman
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:51 pm
Southernboatman wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:49 pm Seems the polishing might be coming along but if you need something like this it does a good job.
YT was dead on...ss cupholders will look muy better with your interior color. LEDs also a good change suggested.
Might I mention fender clips for when you want to start drilling holes in your boat. They are very handy if you dock often.
A favorite and fun add is underwater lights while you’re drilling (safety first...if you night boat it’s a real safety feature).
I just bought the same polisher. I haven't used it yet.
Cool. Let me know how it goes. You prob found They have a lot of videos.

Re: New member from Akron, Ohio

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:13 am
by tgrace98
Welcome from St. Louis. Not sure how I missed this one. But that is crazy how low the hours are on that boat. I put more than that on a boat in a season. Good luck on getting it all cleaned up!

Re: New member from Akron, Ohio

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:47 pm
by Sublimecat
tgrace98 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:13 am Welcome from St. Louis. Not sure how I missed this one. But that is crazy how low the hours are on that boat. I put more than that on a boat in a season. Good luck on getting it all cleaned up!
He spent a lot of money on this boat to use it as little as he did. There’s very little wrong with the boat. It just needs some attention and love. I’ve never owned a boat before but have been on many. It should be fun when I get it in the water. I am working on transferring the title to Ohio and getting it registered in my name currently. That has proven not to be simple since it’s associated with an estate. I hope to hit the water within a couple weeks.