Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
nolaboater99 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 am
Interesting.... Everything you guys are "wishing for" is on the other Cobalt forum, Club Cobalt. www.clubcobalt.net The format/software/host of that forum allows more pictures and easier insertion, has a "Like" selection on each post and in my opinion, is more user-friendly.
I'm an administrator on that forum but I will admit, I like the activity on this forum much better. The owner of that forum started it up and then about a year later bought a new business that has left him unable to participate. There are about 300 members on Club Cobalt. About a month ago I suggested to the Club Cobalt owner that maybe the 2 forums should be combined. He agreed that it was a good idea and even went so far as to look up Cobalt Chat and discovered he and John only live a few miles away from each other. I have also sent John a couple of PMs on this topic but have never received a response.
Hopefully John will see this and look at this as a viable alternative. If you figure there are 50-100 dual members, combining would bring a couple hundred new members, some different topics and new advertisers. FWIW....
Shawn
That's because that site blows and it's full of a buncha nerds.
I'm just kidding, we'd love to have them.
Actually....and not much offense taken, that site has a much better and more user friendly hosting platform. IMHO. I never understood why the participation is so low. But that forum, like this one and any other club I have ever belonged to (Porsche, 2 yacht clubs) always seems to have the general membership and then 10-20% of the membership that is the core group. The ones that participate and do all of the heavy lifting....or contributing. Cobalt Chat definitely has that dynamic as does Club Sea Ray (10,000+ members. Coincidently their hosting software is the same as ClubCobalt).
I'm not saying that is good or bad....it just seems to be the way it is. To me, combining the 2 forums seems like a logical move. Cobalt Chat gets the format you are all wishing for, this forum doubles in size and becomes stronger and better serves it's members. I personally don't care one way or another. I've tried to start discussions and topics over there and all I heard was crickets. I like the discussion better here and I will stay here. As a current Administrator over ther I check the forum several times a day. And I am still an active member of the Sea Ray forum where I have been a member for over 12 years. To me it seems defeating to have 2 forums for one brand. We own Cobalts....we deserve the best....whatever that may be.
Shawn
To me, combining the 2 forums seems like a logical move. Cobalt Chat gets the format you are all wishing for, this forum doubles in size and becomes stronger and better serves it's members. I personally don't care one way or another. I've tried to start discussions and topics over there and all I heard was crickets. I like the discussion better here and I will stay here. As a current Administrator over ther I check the forum several times a day. And I am still an active member of the Sea Ray forum where I have been a member for over 12 years. To me it seems defeating to have 2 forums for one brand. We own Cobalts....we deserve the best....whatever that may be.
Shawn
.
Could not have said it better myself, Shawn.
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
nolaboater99 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 am
Interesting.... Everything you guys are "wishing for" is on the other Cobalt forum, Club Cobalt. www.clubcobalt.net The format/software/host of that forum allows more pictures and easier insertion, has a "Like" selection on each post and in my opinion, is more user-friendly.
I'm an administrator on that forum but I will admit, I like the activity on this forum much better. The owner of that forum started it up and then about a year later bought a new business that has left him unable to participate. There are about 300 members on Club Cobalt. About a month ago I suggested to the Club Cobalt owner that maybe the 2 forums should be combined. He agreed that it was a good idea and even went so far as to look up Cobalt Chat and discovered he and John only live a few miles away from each other. I have also sent John a couple of PMs on this topic but have never received a response.
Hopefully John will see this and look at this as a viable alternative. If you figure there are 50-100 dual members, combining would bring a couple hundred new members, some different topics and new advertisers. FWIW....
Shawn
That's because that site blows and it's full of a buncha nerds.
I'm just kidding, we'd love to have them.
Actually....and not much offense taken, that site has a much better and more user friendly hosting platform. IMHO. I never understood why the participation is so low. But that forum, like this one and any other club I have ever belonged to (Porsche, 2 yacht clubs) always seems to have the general membership and then 10-20% of the membership that is the core group. The ones that participate and do all of the heavy lifting....or contributing. Cobalt Chat definitely has that dynamic as does Club Sea Ray (10,000+ members. Coincidently their hosting software is the same as ClubCobalt).
I'm not saying that is good or bad....it just seems to be the way it is. To me, combining the 2 forums seems like a logical move. Cobalt Chat gets the format you are all wishing for, this forum doubles in size and becomes stronger and better serves it's members. I personally don't care one way or another. I've tried to start discussions and topics over there and all I heard was crickets. I like the discussion better here and I will stay here. As a current Administrator over ther I check the forum several times a day. And I am still an active member of the Sea Ray forum where I have been a member for over 12 years. To me it seems defeating to have 2 forums for one brand. We own Cobalts....we deserve the best....whatever that may be.
Shawn
Ytmsn wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:32 pm
Is it still okay to say nerds? Does that not mean something different nowadays?
Liquid you said it. That site blows. All the cool kids hang out here! Sorry Nola, but you said it yourself. Nothing but crickets there.
Ultimately, this is John's baby and his decision. If he hasn't brought it up or made a change there's probably a reason why. Just my two cents...
That site may blow but this site's format blows. There are better formats. Ultimately the choice is mine....or ours. I can deal with what's here or move on....
I'm on the crownline forum too. Yes like you said the core members and then the newbies that ask and go.
I was never on the other forum I guess for a reason. Didn't know it was out there. Unless it's the one that only has boats for sale from 10 years ago? I'm good here and I have no issues with the format or pictures. So why change it. I'm fine. This is my Facebook. I like the small group anyways.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Driller wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:36 am
It’s John’s site. It’s his choice of software. He said and upgrade is coming this summer which will allow posting multiple pics again as in the past.
I am his guest. Like Nola said, if I don’t like what he’s having for supper, I can go down the road to McDonald’s and eat.
See no advantage to hooking up with a bunch of members who never post. Go over and look at the site. It is dead, even with better software.
+1
JEFF & KATIE TeamNAUTI Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold 1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
nolaboater99 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:02 pm. To me it seems defeating to have 2 forums for one brand. We own Cobalts....we deserve the best....whatever that may be.
Shawn
Good read and I'm sure both side would be happy remaining the way it is. The members in the other Forum may have a place that the operates comfy for them . Slowly things change as possible people here have switched over due to their comfort and use level.
Driller wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:36 am
It’s John’s site. It’s his choice of software. He said and upgrade is coming this summer which will allow posting multiple pics again as in the past.
I am his guest. Like Nola said, if I don’t like what he’s having for supper, I can go down the road to McDonald’s and eat.
See no advantage to hooking up with a bunch of members who never post. Go over and look at the site. It is dead, even with better software.
+1
+2
Just want more photos! haha love seeing everyones Cobalts
I will be starting a photos only thread as well
nolaboater99 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:02 pm. To me it seems defeating to have 2 forums for one brand. We own Cobalts....we deserve the best....whatever that may be.
Shawn
Good read and I'm sure both side would be happy remaining the way it is. The members in the other Forum may have a place that the operates comfy for them . Slowly things change as possible people here have switched over due to their comfort and use level.
Beta or VHS?? I wonder You can have both
When members on Club Cobalt have asked for advice on a topic and if I didn't have an answer and nobody else did, I suggested they come here. If it is a non-Cobalt specific question, say Mercruiser, I've even sent the to the Sea Ray forum. Who cares where you get your answers.
I don't know why Club Cobalt participation is so poor. It started off great with 300 new members in just a few weeks and there was a lot of good conversation. Then winter came and the Cobalts were put away for the season. You people up north switched to your snowmobile forums or something. I really thought it would come this Spring but it hasn't. It's frustrating as we lined up a Cobalt factory Rep to participate, recruited some technical advisors to contribute and then....phfft, nothing. We're still getting new members, several a week. Oh well....too busy trying to finish my boat to care right now.
Re-reading my post it comes across more harshly than it was meant. I'm sure they are all a great bunch of people. I just meant that looking at the recent post there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity. It wasn't meant as negative as it reads. Problem with both text and post written at 4:30 am.
Driller wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 pm
Re-reading my post it comes across more harshly than it was meant. I'm sure they are all a great bunch of people. I just meant that looking at the recent post there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity. It wasn't meant as negative as it reads. Problem with both text and post written at 4:30 am.
Thanks for the clarification Driller. I have pretty thick skin and everyone has opinions. You can think what you want. But I do appreciate your comments. Whatever happens....happens. As I said, I really don't care anymore. I feel many aspects of this hosting format are very dated and not user friendly. Hopefully John is looking at improvements as I really like the people and the interaction. My focus is getting my boat finished for Memorial Day Weekend and the Lake Guntersville trip. Everything else is taking a back seat. It's going to be really close for Memorial Day.
Shawn