Page 10 of 18
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:17 am
by Homeskillet
Do you like these inline fuses for the amps? I will check my Wetsounds manual for the correct amperage to buy. No manual for the one from my friend. I will probably just get the same size as the Wetsounds.
Probably will jinx it by saying so, but I'm saying it anyway: "This
could be my last question lol!!!
20190301_091530.jpg
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:44 am
by NautiGirl
Yup those will work. One on each power wire as close to the battery as you can get it.
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:47 am
by Homeskillet
I contacted Creative Audio and they suggested an 80-100 amp breaker (rather than the type of fuse in the photo above). I think I'm going to bump up to an 80, but I'm sticking with the style in the picture. I found 2 on Amazon for $30.
Interestingly, my buddy said, "If you're blowing 60 amp fuses, you have bigger problems."
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:59 am
by NautiGirl
Homeskillet wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:47 am
I contacted Creative Audio and they suggested an 80-100 amp breaker (rather than the type of fuse in the photo above). I think I'm going to bump up to an 80, but I'm sticking with the style in the picture. I found 2 on Amazon for $30.
Interestingly, my buddy said, "If you're blowing 60 amp fuses, you have bigger problems."
Your buddy is correct.
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:48 pm
by Driller
Here's what was used on my boat.
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:31 pm
by Big Block Power
Yep I like smaller and safer. Less chance of fire. 80 to! Is too big.
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:54 pm
by NautiGirl
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:31 pm
Yep I like smaller and safer. Less chance of fire. 80 to! Is too big.
Actually.....the HTX6 comes /w two internal 40A fuses. Generally you put the same size or a slightly larger fuse on the power wire so 80A isn't out of the question.
If running smaller makes you feel better go for it. Maybe do a breaker instead of a fuse just in case you do pop it....the Mix CD Katie is making you has some bass heavy tracks so it may happen.
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:31 pm
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:54 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:31 pm
Yep I like smaller and safer. Less chance of fire. 80 to! Is too big.
Actually.....the HTX6 comes /w two internal 40A fuses. Generally you put the same size or a slightly larger fuse on the power wire so 80A isn't out of the question.
If running smaller makes you feel better go for it. Maybe do a breaker instead of a fuse just in case you do pop it....the Mix CD Katie is making you has some bass heavy tracks so it may happen.
Don't worry Katie has to be on the boat when she plays it for my wife. Because it won't play on my flip phone




Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:55 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:31 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:54 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:31 pm
Yep I like smaller and safer. Less chance of fire. 80 to! Is too big.
Actually.....the HTX6 comes /w two internal 40A fuses. Generally you put the same size or a slightly larger fuse on the power wire so 80A isn't out of the question.
If running smaller makes you feel better go for it. Maybe do a breaker instead of a fuse just in case you do pop it....the Mix CD Katie is making you has some bass heavy tracks so it may happen.
Don't worry Katie has to be on the boat when she plays it for my wife. Because it won't play on my flip phone



.
Trust me, bbp, you're not missin' a bamba thing with that one.
.
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:57 am
by Bfun220
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:31 pm
Yep I like smaller and safer. Less chance of fire. 80 to! Is too big.
You have to remember your fuse is protecting the wire not the amp. The amp is already fused. So an 80 amp fuse is fine for 4ga wire.
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:31 pm
by Big Block Power
Bfun220 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:57 am
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:31 pm
Yep I like smaller and safer. Less chance of fire. 80 to! Is too big.
You have to remember your fuse is protecting the wire not the amp. The amp is already fused. So an 80 amp fuse is fine for 4ga wire.
Yep exactly.
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:58 am
by Ytmsn
AsLan7 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:55 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:31 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:54 pm
Actually.....the HTX6 comes /w two internal 40A fuses. Generally you put the same size or a slightly larger fuse on the power wire so 80A isn't out of the question.
If running smaller makes you feel better go for it. Maybe do a breaker instead of a fuse just in case you do pop it....the Mix CD Katie is making you has some bass heavy tracks so it may happen.
Don't worry Katie has to be on the boat when she plays it for my wife. Because it won't play on my flip phone



.
Trust me, bbp, you're not missin' a bamba thing with that one.
.
Agreed! Not missing a bam thing listening to that. Sorry Jeef. Just not a fan.
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:00 am
by Homeskillet
I don't think 4 gauge cable will fit inside the little copper peice from the fuse, before it slides into the end of the fuse. Do I HAVE to use that little peice? It'll fit for sure without it?
Should I just trim out a few strands of wire so it fits?attachment=0]20190303_105927.jpg[/attachment]
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:23 am
by Big Block Power
You should be fine without it.
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:24 am
by Homeskillet
Perfect thx!