Page 10 of 65

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:43 pm
by AsLan7
Nice shine Bfun220!

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:49 pm
by Bfun220
Fresh from the painter. Too bad the color is off a little and it will be going back in the booth.

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:57 am
by liquid
Bfun220 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:49 pm Fresh from the painter. Too bad the color is off a little and it will be going back in the booth.
I hate that. Happened on an Audi I had years ago. Deer jumped off a cliff above me onto the hood. :shock:

Could never get the color right after that.

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:02 pm
by Bfun220
liquid wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:57 am
Bfun220 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:49 pm Fresh from the painter. Too bad the color is off a little and it will be going back in the booth.
I hate that. Happened on an Audi I had years ago. Deer jumped off a cliff above me onto the hood. :shock:

Could never get the color right after that.
What the heck kind of suicidal deer you got around there ?
I should be ok. The paint manufacture has my old hood and is brewing the next color. It's good to have connections. :D

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:26 pm
by Big Block Power
This is a great shot.
Well it sure didn't tow like the Escalade.

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:30 pm
by ajcampen
What was the diff and why? Engine size?

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:27 pm
by Big Block Power
ajcampen wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:30 pm What was the diff and why? Engine size?
Yes it's all engine and power. I don't get it how people pull larger toys with these. They pull but it's just so much nicer to have power when you need it. I don't pull slow I like to get in and go. Get out of my way I'm getting to the lake :-) This one had the same suspension. I hooked up the boat and the level ride compressor kicked in. I never looked to see if it had it. Happy it does.

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:51 pm
by ColinC
I'm with you BB. Self-levelling is a nice feature. Our new rig has it and the first time I hooked up I heard this odd clicking sound only to realize it was the compressor levelling things out. Works so well it will kick in when the dog hops into the back. Self-levelling is a whole lot easier than using a weight distribution set up when towing cargo trailers or RVs. Though you won't see me tow a big RV without a Hensley Arrow.

As for power, I'm a 'whole package' kinda guy. I won't power to brake, accelerate and handle the weight. You gotta be safe across the board. I don't want anything to happen to my family, friends or others while I am towing the Cobalt!

Your new set-up looks perfect. Well done!

I wonder how it will look with a 222 behind it? 😀

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:55 pm
by Big Block Power
I was too busy to call today on the 222. It does everything well. I tied with the same engine for years so i knew etat I was getting. I was hoping that the few changes they did with the engine it had improved but not much. I don't think the P.O. Ever towed with it.

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:58 pm
by Tuscany
Big power difference between the 5.3l and the 6.2l.

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:00 pm
by Big Block Power
Tuscany wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:58 pm Big power difference between the 5.3l and the 6.2l.
Oh my gosh. It's so noticeable. I think a 100hp and a bunch of torque. I'm not a spec guy so don't quote me.

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:14 pm
by Tuscany
Big torque difference. Just keep the tow mode locked when you run to the lake.

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:10 pm
by Big Block Power
Tuscany wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:14 pm Big torque difference. Just keep the tow mode locked when you run to the lake.
Yes it's on. Agree Keeps it in a gear higher and r's up. The tow haul button also boosts line pressure for better holding power internally in the trans.It has the same trans as the 6.2 but feels and shifts totally different.

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:16 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:26 pm This is a great shot.
Well it sure didn't tow like the Escalade.

Gorgeous big block!

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:13 pm
by AsLan7
In honor of Nauti Gal on our site. 😎

My first car.

1960 Austin Healey.

Towing

Phantom sailboat which I used to race as a kid on Harvey's lake. Now my son luke coming about in the yard:

.