Page 9 of 18

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:27 am
by Homeskillet
Nauti - you have any pix or of your rig? Would love to see it!!

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:32 am
by NautiGirl
Homeskillet wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:27 am Nauti - you have any pix or of your rig? Would love to see it!!
Don't have a ton - and the boat is about 2 hours away in storage at the lake. We will be down there once it warms up to finish everything up. Will take pics then.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:24 pm
by Homeskillet
Tonight I got all 6 speakers connected to their leads, and finished mounting them. They look really sharp. Also ran the 2 sets of 4 gauge battery cables for the amps. Connections to the head unit and amp will happen in a few days.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:47 pm
by Big Block Power
Homeskillet wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:24 pm Tonight I got all 6 speakers connected to their leads, and finished mounting them. They look really sharp. Also ran the 2 sets of 4 gauge battery cables for the amps. Connections to the head unit and amp will happen in a few days.
Sounds great. Or it will. Lol
Keep r going. Must be nice to have that much ambition. I need my wife to go away for awhile so I can cut a big hole in the port side of the dash. Yecks!! I'm so dead this year.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:25 am
by Homeskillet
Well for me, it's a no brainer when my wife turns on The Voice or the Grammys lol - it seriously motivates me to play in the garage!

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:24 am
by NautiGirl
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:47 pm
Homeskillet wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:24 pm Tonight I got all 6 speakers connected to their leads, and finished mounting them. They look really sharp. Also ran the 2 sets of 4 gauge battery cables for the amps. Connections to the head unit and amp will happen in a few days.
Sounds great. Or it will. Lol
Keep r going. Must be nice to have that much ambition. I need my wife to go away for awhile so I can cut a big hole in the port side of the dash. Yecks!! I'm so dead this year.
Don't lie you haven't worked up the courage to cut that hole yet. I don't blame you I would hire someone.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:48 am
by Homeskillet
What's the hole in the side of the port side dash for ?

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:19 pm
by NautiGirl
Homeskillet wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:48 am What's the hole in the side of the port side dash for ?
A wet sounds 10in Sub.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:31 pm
by Big Block Power
If I screw up I'll just go to a 12 inch sub. Lol

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pm
by NautiGirl
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:31 pm If I screw up I'll just go to a 12 inch sub. Lol
You ever think about having a piece of MDF or Starboard cut to the correct size then using that as a guide to cut the hole in the boat? Most likely overkill, but may make it a ton easier.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:35 pm
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:31 pm If I screw up I'll just go to a 12 inch sub. Lol
You ever think about having a piece of MDF or Starboard cut to the correct size then using that as a guide to cut the hole in the boat? Most likely overkill, but may make it a ton easier.
Na. I'm not worried. Draw a circle and cut. Just waiting for this state to warm up

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:47 pm
by Homeskillet
I wonder what the biggest size hole saw you could get!


Do I need to use expensive RCA's? I have a bunch of the cheaper red and black ones. Most of what I read says NOT to believe the hype with expensive brands like Monster.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:19 pm
by Big Block Power
Can we hear the diff? But as the saying goes you get what you pay for.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:49 am
by jhnmdahl
I wouldn’t pay for the Monster brand ever, maybe something like this instead: https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Ster ... 00F0WNWZI/

Or get this for 1/10 the price:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5346

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:59 am
by NautiGirl
Homeskillet wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:47 pm I wonder what the biggest size hole saw you could get!


Do I need to use expensive RCA's? I have a bunch of the cheaper red and black ones. Most of what I read says NOT to believe the hype with expensive brands like Monster.
Monster is junk. If you don't care about them being marine rated buy from MonoPrice.com good quality and cheap prices.

If you do care about them being marine rated JL Makes some at pretty reasonable prices. You can find them cheap on Amazon or CreativeAudio

http://www.jlaudio.com/marine-audio-con ... erconnects

I have zero idea what makes them marine rated or not.