Page 8 of 12

Re: New A series

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 pm
by Driller
:D The Trash Can is a definite upgrade to the R7, or so I have heard. :lol:

Re: New A series

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:46 pm
by Tuscany
cmattj wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:22 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:14 pm
cmattj wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 pm https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/

For those with Facebook this was the link described by Team Nauti

https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/
ha you beat me too it Matt! Did you notice at the very very end they show the helm and I only see 1 drive control. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mrgreen:
Yep.. they did the same with the 296 and current R30 as a single offering. Hopefully they’ll add it as it’s a 9 ft beam. And twin big blocks are a stable in 8.6 bream boats.

No online catalog yet.
I read that the A29 is a single engine platform.
BIG mistake.
Personally, I would never order a boat a pound heavier than my R7 with a single engine.

Re: New A series

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:47 pm
by Tuscany
Driller wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 pm :D The Trash Can is a definite upgrade to the R7, or so I have heard. :lol:
Haha Driller, you definitely need to check out the brilliance of the design.

Re: New A series

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:54 am
by akorcovelos
My neighbor has a 28' Regal with a single Volvo big block and duo-prop., it's fine for inland lakes and he's been very happy with it. Not a performance boat by any means, I think it tops out in the low 50s, but I know he's probably topped it out twice since he's owned it. Just depends on how you use the boat. He cruises around to restaurants and hooks and floats off the back drinking beer 99% of the time. He'll go a whole summer on 3-4 tanks of fuel. I go through that in a month.

Re: New A series

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:31 am
by liquid
cmattj wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 pm https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/

For those with Facebook this was the link described by Team Nauti

https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/
It's 2019. Please turn your phone horizontally when filming.

I couldn't even watch it because this infuriated me.

Re: New A series

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:59 pm
by tgrace98
akorcovelos wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:54 am My neighbor has a 28' Regal with a single Volvo big block and duo-prop., it's fine for inland lakes and he's been very happy with it. Not a performance boat by any means, I think it tops out in the low 50s, but I know he's probably topped it out twice since he's owned it. Just depends on how you use the boat. He cruises around to restaurants and hooks and floats off the back drinking beer 99% of the time. He'll go a whole summer on 3-4 tanks of fuel. I go through that in a month.
This is pretty much how my boating is as well. I think I had my 262 over 50 3 times. Except table rock is a large lake and I’m in a pretty busy cove that can have a pretty good cross wind. Docking a single motor 27ft boat can be quite the challenge. I wouldn’t go any larger without twins. Just for how much easier it is to dock a boat with 2 motors.

Re: New A series

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:10 pm
by jhnmdahl
A bow thruster is a lot cheaper than a second engine - I wonder if we'll see those become standard as small engines put out more and more HP?

Re: New A series

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:14 pm
by jhnmdahl
AsLan7 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:09 pm Well, at least we know who the target market is now with that wheel.
Image
I don't hate the look, but white leather on a steering wheel just screams impractical. Like getting a car with white floor mats...

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am
by liquid
IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?

Anyone have a pic?

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am
by Table Rockin
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?

Anyone have a pic?
How would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm
by liquid
Table Rockin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?

Anyone have a pic?
How would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?
ME DON'T KNOW!

Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?

Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:22 pm
by liquid
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?

Anyone have a pic?
How would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?
ME DON'T KNOW!

Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?

Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.
Looking this new video there's no way that thing telescopes... unless I'm missing something:

https://www.facebook.com/StokleysMarine ... 104111565/

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:15 pm
by Bfun220
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:22 pm
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am

How would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?
ME DON'T KNOW!

Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?

Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.
Looking this new video there's no way that thing telescopes... unless I'm missing something:

https://www.facebook.com/StokleysMarine ... 104111565/
This is what I saw
A-series, the yacht-certified, 7,200-lb. Model A29 is designed around a rigid Fiberglass structural grid with a deep and spacious bow area. A double-wide helm and port-side walkthrough floor plan contribute to outstanding functional interior ergonomics, and such comfort elements as an oversized head/changing room, an electric fold-down arch, 36-cubic-feet of floor storage, an optional galley with refrigerator, and optional air conditioning to the helm and day cabin enhance the luxury boating experience.

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:45 pm
by liquid
Bfun220 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:15 pm
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:22 pm
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm

ME DON'T KNOW!

Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?

Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.
Looking this new video there's no way that thing telescopes... unless I'm missing something:

https://www.facebook.com/StokleysMarine ... 104111565/
This is what I saw
A-series, the yacht-certified, 7,200-lb. Model A29 is designed around a rigid Fiberglass structural grid with a deep and spacious bow area. A double-wide helm and port-side walkthrough floor plan contribute to outstanding functional interior ergonomics, and such comfort elements as an oversized head/changing room, an electric fold-down arch, 36-cubic-feet of floor storage, an optional galley with refrigerator, and optional air conditioning to the helm and day cabin enhance the luxury boating experience.
People still saying it telescopes. I can't imagine how that would be possible looking at the video. They should probably saw it off. I'm still lloking for an arch.

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:19 pm
by Bfun220
This guy could probably help with removal.