New Utah Member

User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Bfun220 »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:37 pm
Jeeper wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:26 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:20 am Very nice. She should pull the surf pretty well. Lol
I have to take the R5 in for some warranty work I might try it that far just for fun. :)
I was looking at getting a F-150 for a daily driver and then started doing some research on resale values. My 2010 Wrangler that I paid $33,000 nine years ago still books at $24,000. My 2013 Explorer cost $40,000 and is now worth $15,000. I decided to take a chance that the Gladiator will hold it’s value similar to the Wrangler
I went on a road test today with a customer and almost died. Yep older jeep did the worst death wobble I've Ever felt. 70mph and the jeep decided to shake so bad and was jumping into the left lanes. Holy crap. The owner just bought it a week ago. Just about pooped his pants. This was at 4:30 rush hour.
Congrats on the Gladiator. Great jeep!
Holy poop batman.
Glad he was able to keep it between the ditches and off any cars.
2018 r5
2003 220
User avatar
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 am
Location: Greer’s Ferry Lake, AR
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Krob1114 »

Hi Jeeper.
Just read this whole thread since there was some new posts.
Looks like you have a pretty busy recreation time. Do you ever take time for ski diving?
Or maybe golf? Snow skiing?
Congrats on the new boat. Hope you had a great season.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
User avatar
Jeeper
Captain
Captain
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:44 pm
Location: South Jordan ut
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Jeeper »

Krob1114 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:58 am Hi Jeeper.
Just read this whole thread since there was some new posts.
Looks like you have a pretty busy recreation time. Do you ever take time for ski diving?
Or maybe golf? Snow skiing?
Congrats on the new boat. Hope you had a great season.
I quit snow skiing a few years ago, have never tried golfing and the closest I get to diving is snorkeling when we go somewhere warm in the winter. I did water ski at Lake Powell this month just to see if I still could but I prefer surfing when I can find someone I trust to drive the boat. We did have a great boating season, over 60 hrs on the boat this year trailered over 4,000 miles.
2019 R5 Surf 380 VP.
User avatar
Jeeper
Captain
Captain
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:44 pm
Location: South Jordan ut
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Jeeper »

I tried out the new tow vehicle today. It did okay but I think I’ll stay with the F-350.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2019 R5 Surf 380 VP.
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Bfun220 »

Jeeper wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:20 pm I tried out the new tow vehicle today. It did okay but I think I’ll stay with the F-350.
Looks pretty good.
Did you tow at freeway speeds at all ?
2018 r5
2003 220
User avatar
Jeeper
Captain
Captain
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:44 pm
Location: South Jordan ut
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Jeeper »

Bfun220 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:50 pm
Jeeper wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:20 pm I tried out the new tow vehicle today. It did okay but I think I’ll stay with the F-350.
Looks pretty good.
Did you tow at freeway speeds at all ?
I had it up to 70, the power was okay the braking is good. It had a little sway but not bad. When I pull it with the F-350 I don’t even know it’s there. Maybe the Ford has me spoiled when it comes to towing.
2019 R5 Surf 380 VP.
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Bfun220 »

Jeeper wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:17 pm
Bfun220 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:50 pm
Jeeper wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:20 pm I tried out the new tow vehicle today. It did okay but I think I’ll stay with the F-350.
Looks pretty good.
Did you tow at freeway speeds at all ?
I had it up to 70, the power was okay the braking is good. It had a little sway but not bad. When I pull it with the F-350 I don’t even know it’s there. Maybe the Ford has me spoiled when it comes to towing.
That pretty impressive. I know its rated for over 7k but didn't think it would tow that well. Thought it would be closer to pulling with a wrangler.
2018 r5
2003 220
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Big Block Power »

I'm Surprised it moved it even. Lol
I tried to pull my boat with a 36 in a Durango and I had the pedal floored at 70mph. That's all she had in her. It did get there just nothing left.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Bfun220 »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:54 pm I'm Surprised it moved it even. Lol
I tried to pull my boat with a 36 in a Durango and I had the pedal floored at 70mph. That's all she had in her. It did get there just nothing left.
That's what I would have expected.
2018 r5
2003 220
User avatar
Jeeper
Captain
Captain
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:44 pm
Location: South Jordan ut
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Jeeper »

Bfun220 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:09 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:54 pm I'm Surprised it moved it even. Lol
I tried to pull my boat with a 36 in a Durango and I had the pedal floored at 70mph. That's all she had in her. It did get there just nothing left.
That's what I would have expected.
I’m thinking the 4.10 gears and the 8 speed helps a lot.
2019 R5 Surf 380 VP.
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Big Block Power »

Jeeper wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:19 pm
Bfun220 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:09 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:54 pm I'm Surprised it moved it even. Lol
I tried to pull my boat with a 36 in a Durango and I had the pedal floored at 70mph. That's all she had in her. It did get there just nothing left.
That's what I would have expected.
I’m thinking the 4.10 gears and the 8 speed helps a lot.
Yea true. That makes a big diff. One of my techs got the first one that came in our place.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Ytmsn »

Jeepers that thing looks awesome! How is the ride, compared to, say, a half ton pick-up?

Man those sure look cool.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by AsLan7 »

Jeeper wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:20 pm I tried out the new tow vehicle today. It did okay but I think I’ll stay with the F-350.
.
Yes, definitely some sag going on in the rear. Tough without air suspension. It does look beautiful though with that combo. 8-)

.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Jeeper
Captain
Captain
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:44 pm
Location: South Jordan ut
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Jeeper »

Ytmsn wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:31 am Jeepers that thing looks awesome! How is the ride, compared to, say, a half ton pick-up?

Man those sure look cool.
It rides better than my F-350 but not as good as my Expedition. I haven’t been around a half ton pickup for quite a while to give educated opinion. The reason I got it over a F-150;is resale value.
2019 R5 Surf 380 VP.
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: New Utah Member

Post by Bfun220 »

Jeeper wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:23 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:31 am Jeepers that thing looks awesome! How is the ride, compared to, say, a half ton pick-up?

Man those sure look cool.
It rides better than my F-350 but not as good as my Expedition. I haven’t been around a half ton pickup for quite a while to give educated opinion. The reason I got it over a F-150;is resale value.
Ya, if resale is anything like the wrangler you should do well.
2018 r5
2003 220
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests