New member in Newport RI

Post Reply
ryandmartin
Commander
Commander
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:46 am
Location: Newport RI
Contact:

New member in Newport RI

Post by ryandmartin »

Hi there. Just joined the forum, and joining the Cobalt owners community soon (not soon enough!).

Have a new R5 on order. Really looking forward to it, and enjoy reading about your thoughts and upgrades in the meantime.

I’m boating out of the Newport RI area, along the southern coast of RI. Great salt ponds for water sports, offshore boating, and hopping out to Block Island and Martha’s Vineyard.

My build is as follows (for now):
R5
350hp VP
Navy hull, red boot stripe, white bottom
Makassar trim
Navy premium ez fold Bimini top
Transom shower
Sea grass flooring
Dinette table
Bow and cockpit tonneau covers (no mooring cover)
ACR dual battery
2019 R5
RI and MA
User avatar
Patriot 8713
Commander
Commander
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:36 am
Location: Lake of the Ozarks
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by Patriot 8713 »

Welcome! You will love the R5 and all the great information that is on this site. The members here are great at answering questions and spending your money on upgrades!
2005 Cobalt 282
496 HO - Bravo III
Lake of the Ozarks, MO 21MM
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by Driller »

Welcome form Austin, TX. We can always use another Blue Boat in the brigade.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by Ytmsn »

Welcome from Oklahoma! Lots of good folks and good info here. Most of the questions you are thinking about have probably already been answered here, you just have to find it. If you can't, ask anyway!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by cmattj »

Welcome from California! Martha’s Vineyard pics is what I’m looking forward too!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by AsLan7 »

.
Again, great to have you hear RDM. ....and yes, Martha's Vineyard pics would be very cool to see. 8-)
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by Big Block Power »

Welcome from Wisconsin. Make sure you carry some grey poupon when you go to the Vinyard.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:21 am
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by MnLakeBum »

Welcome from Minnesota. By EZ fold I’m assuming you mean the Electric folding top, which my dealer talked me into and I’m damn glad he did. I’d also consider going up to the 380 if you will hauling more than 5 adults on a regular basis. When we get 8 or 9 in our R5 I’m really glad we have the 380.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
ryandmartin
Commander
Commander
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:46 am
Location: Newport RI
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by ryandmartin »

MnLakeBum wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:25 pm Welcome from Minnesota. By EZ fold I’m assuming you mean the Electric folding top, which my dealer talked me into and I’m damn glad he did. I’d also consider going up to the 380 if you will hauling more than 5 adults on a regular basis. When we get 8 or 9 in our R5 I’m really glad we have the 380.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

By ez fold I mean the Bimini top that folds back on a track. It’s not automatic or motorized, just doesn’t require hardware removal. I’m going to use valet storage, so I’ll need to fold the Bimini back every time.
2019 R5
RI and MA
User avatar
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by ajcampen »

Welcome from Ohio!
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by akorcovelos »

Welcome from Illinois! If you drink straight from the bottle it only counts as one, or so I’m told.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:21 am
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by MnLakeBum »

ryandmartin wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:36 pm
MnLakeBum wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:25 pm Welcome from Minnesota. By EZ fold I’m assuming you mean the Electric folding top, which my dealer talked me into and I’m damn glad he did. I’d also consider going up to the 380 if you will hauling more than 5 adults on a regular basis. When we get 8 or 9 in our R5 I’m really glad we have the 380.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

By ez fold I mean the Bimini top that folds back on a track. It’s not automatic or motorized, just doesn’t require hardware removal. I’m going to use valet storage, so I’ll need to fold the Bimini back every time.
Got it. If it’s valet storage the manual ez fold will work great. Mine goes in a lift and sometimes I raise and lower the tower three or four times a day so the electric top was worth the extra $2k.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
ryandmartin
Commander
Commander
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:46 am
Location: Newport RI
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by ryandmartin »

She’s in the state (aka at the dealer). Arrived Friday, will take final delivery Thursday.

Here’s some pics you filthy animals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2019 R5
RI and MA
User avatar
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by jhnmdahl »

ryandmartin wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:41 pm Here’s some pics you filthy animals.
He’s going to fit right in. Congrats on the sharp new boat!
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: New member in Newport RI

Post by AsLan7 »

jhnmdahl wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:06 pm
ryandmartin wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:41 pm Here’s some pics you filthy animals.
He’s going to fit right in. Congrats on the sharp new boat!
+1. Love it!!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests