Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Nauti - you have any pix or of your rig? Would love to see it!!
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Don't have a ton - and the boat is about 2 hours away in storage at the lake. We will be down there once it warms up to finish everything up. Will take pics then.Homeskillet wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:27 am Nauti - you have any pix or of your rig? Would love to see it!!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Tonight I got all 6 speakers connected to their leads, and finished mounting them. They look really sharp. Also ran the 2 sets of 4 gauge battery cables for the amps. Connections to the head unit and amp will happen in a few days.
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Sounds great. Or it will. LolHomeskillet wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:24 pm Tonight I got all 6 speakers connected to their leads, and finished mounting them. They look really sharp. Also ran the 2 sets of 4 gauge battery cables for the amps. Connections to the head unit and amp will happen in a few days.
Keep r going. Must be nice to have that much ambition. I need my wife to go away for awhile so I can cut a big hole in the port side of the dash. Yecks!! I'm so dead this year.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Well for me, it's a no brainer when my wife turns on The Voice or the Grammys lol - it seriously motivates me to play in the garage!
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Don't lie you haven't worked up the courage to cut that hole yet. I don't blame you I would hire someone.Big Block Power wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:47 pmSounds great. Or it will. LolHomeskillet wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:24 pm Tonight I got all 6 speakers connected to their leads, and finished mounting them. They look really sharp. Also ran the 2 sets of 4 gauge battery cables for the amps. Connections to the head unit and amp will happen in a few days.
Keep r going. Must be nice to have that much ambition. I need my wife to go away for awhile so I can cut a big hole in the port side of the dash. Yecks!! I'm so dead this year.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
A wet sounds 10in Sub.Homeskillet wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:48 am What's the hole in the side of the port side dash for ?
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
If I screw up I'll just go to a 12 inch sub. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
You ever think about having a piece of MDF or Starboard cut to the correct size then using that as a guide to cut the hole in the boat? Most likely overkill, but may make it a ton easier.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Na. I'm not worried. Draw a circle and cut. Just waiting for this state to warm upNautiGirl wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pmYou ever think about having a piece of MDF or Starboard cut to the correct size then using that as a guide to cut the hole in the boat? Most likely overkill, but may make it a ton easier.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
I wonder what the biggest size hole saw you could get!
Do I need to use expensive RCA's? I have a bunch of the cheaper red and black ones. Most of what I read says NOT to believe the hype with expensive brands like Monster.
Do I need to use expensive RCA's? I have a bunch of the cheaper red and black ones. Most of what I read says NOT to believe the hype with expensive brands like Monster.
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Can we hear the diff? But as the saying goes you get what you pay for.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- jhnmdahl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2440
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
- Location: Twin Cities, MN
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 8 times
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
I wouldn’t pay for the Monster brand ever, maybe something like this instead: https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Ster ... 00F0WNWZI/
Or get this for 1/10 the price:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5346
Or get this for 1/10 the price:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5346
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Monster is junk. If you don't care about them being marine rated buy from MonoPrice.com good quality and cheap prices.Homeskillet wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:47 pm I wonder what the biggest size hole saw you could get!
Do I need to use expensive RCA's? I have a bunch of the cheaper red and black ones. Most of what I read says NOT to believe the hype with expensive brands like Monster.
If you do care about them being marine rated JL Makes some at pretty reasonable prices. You can find them cheap on Amazon or CreativeAudio
http://www.jlaudio.com/marine-audio-con ... erconnects
I have zero idea what makes them marine rated or not.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests