Saying Hi!

ejanus
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:43 am
Location: Chain O' Lakes
Contact:

Re: Saying Hi!

Post by ejanus »

I found one engine pic! It was a great time; finding out my sending unit had a hole; and I kept getting water in the tank. Had to pump it all out; and make new gaskets.
21106823_10154609914986386_2076797594156219578_n.jpg
When I got the boat; it had no swim platform; no outdrive; full of just stuff; transom was full of holes from the previous owner moving trim tabs, etc. It's been a labor of love getting it running and put back together to the functional point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1985 Cobalt Condesa - "Some Beach Too"
1988 Cobalt 172 Condurre - "Some Beach" - SOLD
1971 Cobalt 17BR tri-hull - SOLD (never should have)
ejanus
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:43 am
Location: Chain O' Lakes
Contact:

Re: Saying Hi!

Post by ejanus »

Thanks! Next one in my sights will be a 263 Condurre. A 46 ideally; but that's not going to ever happen!
1985 Cobalt Condesa - "Some Beach Too"
1988 Cobalt 172 Condurre - "Some Beach" - SOLD
1971 Cobalt 17BR tri-hull - SOLD (never should have)
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Saying Hi!

Post by AsLan7 »

.
Wow great story. Nice job bringing her back from the ER (actually almost from the grave)
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Saying Hi!

Post by Driller »

Welcome from Austin, TX ejanus.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
nolaboater99
Captain
Captain
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:

Re: Saying Hi!

Post by nolaboater99 »

Great pics and a good start on the restoration/update. I've been going through this for the past 3 1/2 years. Here is the link to my restoration thread. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=890

As I said our boats are similar and share some parts. I've done tons of research so if I can help in any way please contact me.
Shawn
1985 Cobalt CM23
383 Stroker GM Small Block
ejanus
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:43 am
Location: Chain O' Lakes
Contact:

Re: Saying Hi!

Post by ejanus »

I appreciate that Shawn. I need to get past my fuel pump issue that came up a few days ago now; always something! Hopefully that will get dialed in this week; then I think I will be on to cosmetics? (probably shouldn't say/type that out loud)
1985 Cobalt Condesa - "Some Beach Too"
1988 Cobalt 172 Condurre - "Some Beach" - SOLD
1971 Cobalt 17BR tri-hull - SOLD (never should have)
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests