Boat cover
Boat cover
I have a new R6 outboard with the sport tower. I’ve noticed scratches on the bright stainless windshield from the Cobalt cover. It makes me not want to use the cover. I’ve seen ad for Sealskin. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
-
NautiWeasel
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:10 pm
- Location: Topeka, KS
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Contact:
Re: Boat cover
Yes, I have the same issue on our 242. I think after this season, I'm going to re-polish the stainless windshield frame. I did that on the swim platform rub rail, and it made a huge difference.
I think the windshield scratches from the cover are put there when traveling with the cover on the boat. I'm tempted to put transport tape on that area, and see if it prevents it. I already use that on the front edge of my tower, and the back edge of the boat, above the swim platform, where the tonnau cover is secured over the edge of the boat to prevent scuffs from the plastic connectors for the bungee straps.
I think the windshield scratches from the cover are put there when traveling with the cover on the boat. I'm tempted to put transport tape on that area, and see if it prevents it. I already use that on the front edge of my tower, and the back edge of the boat, above the swim platform, where the tonnau cover is secured over the edge of the boat to prevent scuffs from the plastic connectors for the bungee straps.
Greg,
Nauti Weasel
2014 Cobalt 242 w/380hp Volvo Penta
SOLD: 2007 Rinker Captiva 192 w/200 hp Volvo
SOLD: 2005 Beachcomber Islander 26 pontoon w/90 hp Merc.
Nauti Weasel
2014 Cobalt 242 w/380hp Volvo Penta
SOLD: 2007 Rinker Captiva 192 w/200 hp Volvo
SOLD: 2005 Beachcomber Islander 26 pontoon w/90 hp Merc.
- billk2632
- Captain

- Posts: 428
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:40 am
- Location: Lake Norman, NC
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Boat cover
My cover has padding sewn in where the cover contacts the windshield frame and the top of the rear seat backrest. A cheap thing you can do is split a swim noodle to protect the windshield frame when the cover is on.
______________________________
2014 Cobalt R5 - Current
1999 SeaRay 185 Bowrider -Previous
2000 SeaRay 290 SunDancer - Previous
1979 Correct Craft Ski-Tique - Previous
1948 Chris Craft Custom Runabout - Oh man to have that one back!
2014 Cobalt R5 - Current
1999 SeaRay 185 Bowrider -Previous
2000 SeaRay 290 SunDancer - Previous
1979 Correct Craft Ski-Tique - Previous
1948 Chris Craft Custom Runabout - Oh man to have that one back!
Re: Boat cover
I have an R5 and there is a a furry kind of cloth sewn on the inside along the windshield and at the back bench. If you don't have it I am sure a local guy can sew one on.
2021 R5 Shale/Ebony
VP 5.3L 350
"$TSLA"
VP 5.3L 350
"$TSLA"
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Boat cover
.
So glad you found us llg3. My past covers also had a softer material sewn in. Any pics?
And welcome aboard mate.
.
So glad you found us llg3. My past covers also had a softer material sewn in. Any pics?
And welcome aboard mate.
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: ARGO, Google Adsense [Bot] and 24 guests
