R3 Merc 8.2 HO

(R3-R8, R30, R35)
Post Reply
rontn64
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:12 pm
Location: Cookeville TN
Contact:

R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Post by rontn64 »

We have been out of boating for a few years and are looking to buy a used R3.
I am looking for owners with the R3 Merc 8.2 HO to share their experience, likes, dislikes, prop size, top speed , ect.
Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
User avatar
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Post by jhnmdahl »

Here's an R3 prop chart that might help - I'm trying to find one with speeds listed but can't seem to find it at the moment:
r3propchart.pdf
Here are a couple recent threads on engine selection for the R3 as well:

viewtopic.php?t=4446

viewtopic.php?p=86089
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
rontn64
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:12 pm
Location: Cookeville TN
Contact:

Re: R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Post by rontn64 »

Thanks for the Info
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Post by Big Block Power »

rontn64 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:56 am We have been out of boating for a few years and are looking to buy a used R3.
I am looking for owners with the R3 Merc 8.2 HO to share their experience, likes, dislikes, prop size, top speed , ect.
Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
There better not be any dislikes 😂😂
I have one word of advise. Do it!
Wait to long it will be gone. 57 will probably be top end.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
CobaltDeadHead
Captain
Captain
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:49 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Contact:

Re: R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Post by CobaltDeadHead »

Kind of a unicorn configuration no? I'd expect something like 90% of R3s to have a 300 or 350 whether VP or Merc. 430 seems really rare even in R7, nevermind an R3.

Think I recall one person selling their 430HO R3 on here last year and they said it hit 60.
2005 Cobalt 24SX 350Mag
2010 Key West 186 DC - retired
Lake Winnipesaukee
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Post by Big Block Power »

CobaltDeadHead wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:55 pm Kind of a unicorn configuration no? I'd expect something like 90% of R3s to have a 300 or 350 whether VP or Merc. 430 seems really rare even in R7, nevermind an R3.

Think I recall one person selling their 430HO R3 on here last year and they said it hit 60.
Yes they are. If I was in the market and it had a tower I would be all over that boat. In Wisconsin you might find a merc easier than other parts of the country. I would like to see this ad and price. I think the one last year was north of 80k.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 30 guests