Search found 3 matches

by gmurphy
Sun May 05, 2024 11:53 pm
Forum: Member Introduction and Photos
Topic: Cobalt 253 Owner
Replies: 19
Views: 5664

Re: Cobalt 253 Owner

After seeing some articles, I'm thinking a full engine service may be needed. Perhaps the props need some tweaking. Maybe a throttle adjustment as well. And maybe the EFI needs cleaning.
by gmurphy
Sun May 05, 2024 11:50 pm
Forum: Member Introduction and Photos
Topic: Cobalt 253 Owner
Replies: 19
Views: 5664

Re: Cobalt 253 Owner

I have the MerCruiser 7.4L EFI MP. My recollection was it was 35 MPH at about 3500 RPM for top speed. It felt like I couldn't give it enough throttle.
by gmurphy
Sat May 04, 2024 4:34 pm
Forum: Member Introduction and Photos
Topic: Cobalt 253 Owner
Replies: 19
Views: 5664

Re: Cobalt 253 Owner

I'm a new member and a recent new owner of a 96 Cobalt 253. I took the boat out this week on Lake of the Ozarks, and although I'm happy with the boat overall, my top speed is only 35 mph. I thought it should push 60. Any ideas on why or what I can do to increase its speed? Had full throttle, trim ...