Search found 7 matches

by chrisolson91
Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:37 pm
Forum: Cobalt Boats General
Topic: Tow Ring Turns while Pulling
Replies: 3
Views: 976

Tow Ring Turns while Pulling

Hey all, curious if anyone can shed some light for me. I have a 2002 206 with a tow ring that looks like this...

IMG_1231.jpeg

The problem I'm facing is whenever I pull the tube it wants to turn on me and not stay perpendicular. I just purchased the boat so thought it was just a matter of ...
by chrisolson91
Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:21 pm
Forum: Electronics
Topic: Replace OEM Air Pump
Replies: 6
Views: 2225

Re: Replace OEM Air Pump


I picked up one of these Shark inflators, and it's a 12V the same as any other. Got pretty good reviews and has worked well so far...

https://a.co/d/4wj9i4F


That looks pretty nice! Do you just use it separately from the built in one on the boat or did you actually swap it out? Looks kind of ...
by chrisolson91
Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:24 am
Forum: Electronics
Topic: Replace OEM Air Pump
Replies: 6
Views: 2225

Re: Replace OEM Air Pump


Definitely get an Airhead pump. They are great.

I use this one:

https://www.airhead.com/products/12v-high-pressure-pump

It clips right onto the jumper studs under the seat in my boat.


Yeah that's the one I was looking at. Mine doesn't have the built in studs under the seat like some I've ...
by chrisolson91
Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:54 pm
Forum: Electronics
Topic: Replace OEM Air Pump
Replies: 6
Views: 2225

Replace OEM Air Pump

Hoping I could get some help on the feasibility of replacing the OEM air compressor that's in my 2002 Cobalt 206. I really like that it's built in but it really is slow to inflate anything. I've heard good things about Airhead pumps and was wondering if I could potentially replace the existing pump ...
by chrisolson91
Thu May 30, 2024 4:11 pm
Forum: Electronics
Topic: Depth Finder Troubleshooting
Replies: 5
Views: 2942

Re: Depth Finder Troubleshooting

jhnmdahl wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 3:18 pm Propylene glycol to fill it, and silicone caulk to seal it (Airmar recommends GE Silicone II).
Thank you! Hopefully that takes care of it and I'll be back in business!
by chrisolson91
Thu May 30, 2024 3:07 pm
Forum: Electronics
Topic: Depth Finder Troubleshooting
Replies: 5
Views: 2942

Re: Depth Finder Troubleshooting


That transducer looks to be aftermarket to me, possibly for the Eagle depth/fish finder. Usually (don't quote me, because it may have been different 20 years ago) but usually the transducers for the Cobalt depth finders are in the bilge area, under the engine somewhere. It's possible that's not ...
by chrisolson91
Thu May 30, 2024 11:51 am
Forum: Electronics
Topic: Depth Finder Troubleshooting
Replies: 5
Views: 2942

Depth Finder Troubleshooting

Hey all, I'm brand new to the forum and just picked up a 2002 Cobalt 206 as my first boat. Was hoping to get some help on troubleshooting my depth finder. It's reading extremely high values and I can't figure out why. Not sure if the transducer is bad or maybe it's just user error since I can't seem ...