Search found 6 matches
- Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:28 am
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: 7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
- Replies: 11
- Views: 36055
Re: 7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
I gave in and took it to the nearest authorized Volvo Penta shop and they came back saying its a real head scratcher. I pointed to the drive and asked about that and they said it all checked out good. The ran it on the dyno and it actually has maybe 5 - 10% more power than the spec. To them with the ...
- Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:25 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: 7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
- Replies: 11
- Views: 36055
Re: 7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
I am still trying to find a solution. I found some information on the MAP sensor being a potential issue since it is responsible for sensing a change in load, but a new sensor had no effect. I am considering replacing the IAC to see if the one that went in a couple years ago was somewhat defective ...
- Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:49 am
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: 7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
- Replies: 11
- Views: 36055
Re: 7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
I just bought this boat, assumed this would something easy enough to tackle myself.
The service records I have show that the complaint was hesitation when accelerating from idle.
The shop replaced plugs, wires, cap, distributor, and noted the IAC was not functioning and replaced it too. 6 months ...
The service records I have show that the complaint was hesitation when accelerating from idle.
The shop replaced plugs, wires, cap, distributor, and noted the IAC was not functioning and replaced it too. 6 months ...
- Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:54 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: 7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
- Replies: 11
- Views: 36055
Re: 7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
Should be good on plugs, cap, and fuel.
I understand adjusting the cable isn't preferred, it's just 40 RPM from making it and it's really tempting.
Interested in hearing any other suggestions. The boat seems to run great otherwise. Tops out at 4,800 RPM on the high side, fires right up. No service ...
I understand adjusting the cable isn't preferred, it's just 40 RPM from making it and it's really tempting.
Interested in hearing any other suggestions. The boat seems to run great otherwise. Tops out at 4,800 RPM on the high side, fires right up. No service ...
- Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:01 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: 7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
- Replies: 11
- Views: 36055
Re: 7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
Thanks for the welcome!
The IAC was replaced about a year ago, and based on the checks in the service manual it appears to be operating correctly. The book suggests to run the engine, shut it down, then disconnect the IAC. Fire it up disconnected, verify it's idling At least 200 rpm higher, then ...
The IAC was replaced about a year ago, and based on the checks in the service manual it appears to be operating correctly. The book suggests to run the engine, shut it down, then disconnect the IAC. Fire it up disconnected, verify it's idling At least 200 rpm higher, then ...
- Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:20 pm
- Forum: Volvo Penta
- Topic: 7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
- Replies: 11
- Views: 36055
7.4 Gi Dies shifting into gear
I have a 1997 7.4L Gi, DP-S drive, that will die when I shift into forward or reverse gear.
This only happens when the engine is up to operating temperature and idling at 600 - 614RPM (digital tach). When the engine is cold, idling at 650 RPM it has no issue going in and out of gear. I tried to ...
This only happens when the engine is up to operating temperature and idling at 600 - 614RPM (digital tach). When the engine is cold, idling at 650 RPM it has no issue going in and out of gear. I tried to ...