Search found 12 matches

by Midlifecrisis
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:43 pm
Forum: Volvo Penta
Topic: Propeller selection info and speeds
Replies: 115
Views: 104886

Re: Propeller selection info and speeds

Prop report follow up in case anyone is interested: I replaced my F6 with F5s, with the idea that I could always go down one more if needed. Changing the props was a piece of cake. Probably five minutes with the manual prop wrench tool. Hole shot was improved, but not as much as I wanted. It still ...
by Midlifecrisis
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:27 pm
Forum: 10, CS Series
Topic: Seat slides fore/aft
Replies: 5
Views: 3219

Re: Seat slides fore/aft

This was the part: Garelick Millennium Series seat slide. This was the OEM part. There are a few models based on which side the lever is on, etc. It could not have been easier to change out. The seat just pulls straight up, the seat slide is held on with four bolts into the seat bottom. Ten minute ...
by Midlifecrisis
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 pm
Forum: 10, CS Series
Topic: Seat slides fore/aft
Replies: 5
Views: 3219

Seat slides fore/aft

Another question on my 2006 220: the passenger seat adjusts fore and aft, but it won't stay in position. Once the boat starts, the seat slides backwards from inertia. The adjuster lever twists a rod with teeth on it that are supposed to mesh with a stationary piece to keep the seat in place. I don't ...
by Midlifecrisis
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:43 am
Forum: Member Introduction and Photos
Topic: New member - Lake Arrowhead, CA
Replies: 13
Views: 2721

Re: New member - Lake Arrowhead, CA

Nope - it's really a 22. I think the pictures make it look bigger if it doesn't have tower or bimini on it (the bimini's coming off this summer - no need for it and I like the clean lines without it).
by Midlifecrisis
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:04 pm
Forum: Volvo Penta
Topic: Propeller selection info and speeds
Replies: 115
Views: 104886

Re: Propeller selection info and speeds

Tell me about your crap Hill Marine props: the guy at my boat storage place told me to check them out. What's your experience with them?

And yes, 35MPH is the speed limit. You can get away with 45, but not much higher than that. So top end is not as important.
by Midlifecrisis
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:26 pm
Forum: Volvo Penta
Topic: Propeller selection info and speeds
Replies: 115
Views: 104886

Re: Propeller selection info and speeds

cmattJ, thanks for the details. Keep in mind that the lake has a speed limit of 35 MPH, so top end speed is less of a concern than giving the boat enough grunt to pull my fat behind out of the water on a ski.

It sounds like the key to that is a shallower prop that will let the engine spin faster ...
by Midlifecrisis
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:52 pm
Forum: Volvo Penta
Topic: Propeller selection info and speeds
Replies: 115
Views: 104886

Re: Propeller selection info and speeds

The rear F6 has a few dings in it. The forward one is fine. I'll probably keep them in case I run it a lower altitude.

It started its life at Folsom Lake in No Cal, around 500 ft in altitude. It had plenty of punch when I test drove it there... :|

How do I find out what the gear ratio is?
by Midlifecrisis
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:43 pm
Forum: Member Introduction and Photos
Topic: New member - Lake Arrowhead, CA
Replies: 13
Views: 2721

Re: New member - Lake Arrowhead, CA

Thanks. It's a Volvo Penta 5.7 GXi. I'm at 5,000 ft altitude, so I'm trying to figure out how to make adjustments for the loss of power.
by Midlifecrisis
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:24 pm
Forum: Member Introduction and Photos
Topic: New member - Lake Arrowhead, CA
Replies: 13
Views: 2721

New member - Lake Arrowhead, CA

Lots of good resources on this board - thanks all for your help. Here's a pic of my 2006 220. New to me last year (2018). It's my happy place.

Looking for propeller advice at altitude in the Propeller section...
by Midlifecrisis
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:19 pm
Forum: Volvo Penta
Topic: Propeller selection info and speeds
Replies: 115
Views: 104886

Re: Propeller selection info and speeds

I'm revisiting this now that I have more information. Turns out I have F6s on it. I'm running it at 5,000 ft and looking to get better hole shot. WOT for this engine should be 5200, and I'm getting about 4500. It's a 2006 220 with Volvo Penta 5.7 GXi (320 HP). Would changing it to F5s make a big ...
by Midlifecrisis
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:21 pm
Forum: Volvo Penta
Topic: Propeller selection info and speeds
Replies: 115
Views: 104886

Re: Propeller selection info and speeds

Thanks for the help. I’ll take another close look at the writing on the prop this weekend. Am I on the right track: shallower pitch will improve the hole shot?
by Midlifecrisis
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:40 pm
Forum: Volvo Penta
Topic: Propeller selection info and speeds
Replies: 115
Views: 104886

Re: Propeller selection info and speeds

New owner here with a question (and I apologize in advance if this has been answered elsewhere - my search didn't come up with anything)…

I have a new (to me) 2006 220 with 5.7 GXi (320 HP) Volvo engine/drive. I'm pretty sure the props are F9s. I'm using it at about 5,000 feet (Lake Arrowhead, CA ...