Search found 7 matches
- Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:59 pm
- Forum: Electronics
- Topic: 246 add GPS & stock stereo remote
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2050
Re: 246 add GPS & stock stereo remote
Thanks Capt Bob, it looks like SeaSucker doesn’t make one big enough for a fish finder 
- Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:01 pm
- Forum: Electronics
- Topic: 246 add GPS & stock stereo remote
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2050
Re: 246 add GPS & stock stereo remote
Suction cup ram mount was my original thought, but I’d read some posts about the suction cup falling off, and thought it’d be better for the GPS to have it screwed into something 
- Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:59 pm
- Forum: Electronics
- Topic: 246 add GPS & stock stereo remote
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2050
Re: 246 add GPS & stock stereo remote
Thanks BBP, I’m trying to avoid drilling new holes and I figured I’d have more room laterally to mount the GPS if it was where the existing remote is.
The 246 is a 2006...I’m surprised to hear wiring is that bad! I have a 20 year old Whaler whose wiring is still OK, I would’ve thought Cobalt did ...
The 246 is a 2006...I’m surprised to hear wiring is that bad! I have a 20 year old Whaler whose wiring is still OK, I would’ve thought Cobalt did ...
- Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:04 pm
- Forum: Electronics
- Topic: 246 add GPS & stock stereo remote
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2050
246 add GPS & stock stereo remote
I bought a 246 late this fall and bought a fishfinder/GPS (Lowrance hds7) which I plan to mount where the stock stereo remote is located using a ram mount. Do you think I need to add a piece of starboard under where the remote is to support it or is the “wood” strong enough? Goal is to not add new ...
- Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:37 pm
- Forum: Towing, Docking, and Anchors
- Topic: Towing a 246...
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10536
Re: Towing a 246...
Welcome-
I'd say your weights are pretty close. As a comparison, I tow an R3, which tips a lbs under 6kk. I tow that with a Sequoia. I would not tow that with a smaller vehicle, but I tend to be more cautious when towing that some. As A7 mentioned, the Lexus should do it, although at or near the ...
- Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:56 pm
- Forum: Towing, Docking, and Anchors
- Topic: Towing a 246...
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10536
Re: Towing a 246...
Thanks for the responses, I figured I was close to the limit on the GX, and due to garage space limitations (and wife-acceptance-factor) I wanted to see if we could get away with a mid-sized SUV to tow it. There are a few grades heading into Bayfield, WI (gateway to the Apostle Islands), where we'd ...
- Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:04 pm
- Forum: Towing, Docking, and Anchors
- Topic: Towing a 246...
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10536
Towing a 246...
Hello all, I just bought a 2006 Cobalt 246 with 6.2 Merc, and currently have an SUV that maxes out at 5K towing so I’m wondering what tow capacity I’d need to tow it safely.
Boat 4450-4750 lbs dry
Dual axle trailer 1000-1200
Fuel 70 gals max = 500
100 lbs of gear
Total of 6050-6550 lbs.
Does ...
Boat 4450-4750 lbs dry
Dual axle trailer 1000-1200
Fuel 70 gals max = 500
100 lbs of gear
Total of 6050-6550 lbs.
Does ...